Join our Winning Business Technology Team as Project Manager
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with like-minded people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Everything from annual company outings, to monthly new hire happy hours and being a dog friendly work place. And don’t forget about the gear! Every day you will see CARFAXers walking around the office sporting CARFAX t-shirts, hats, backpacks and more. Are you looking to join a company you’ll be proud to show off? If so, take a detour from the daily grind and apply today!
We’re seeking a Project Manager to focus on defining, planning, and implementing a diverse set of projects within the Business Technology organization. You’ll work hand in hand with a large team of project managers and analysts, a driven set of technologists, and business and technology leaders from across the enterprise.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management, agile development team product ownership, analysis, project delivery validation (QA/UAT), and other duties as assigned
- Develop and manage strong working relationship(s) with business stakeholders and other departments/teams to facilitate project intake, define requirements and key deliverables, coordinate priorities, and solve problems
- Develop and refine project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, risks, and contingency plans
- Lead large and sometimes virtual groups of multi-disciplinary teams
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs using a variety of techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes
- Actively identify and manage risk mitigation plans
- Gather, articulate, and represent project requirements for our agile software development teams
- Generate key project deliverables
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives that impact the way we manage projects via progressive tools, processes, and metrics
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 5-7 years of combined experience in project management OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience delivering projects using an agile methodology
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven manner
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work across multiple job levels to achieve results
- Experience managing a project with a team of 5 or more people
- Demonstrated use of proven project management practices and tools
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and SharePoint/Confluence/HTML skills
- Passion for leading project teams, improving process, and delivering results
- Desired certifications: PMI, PMP, CSPO, CSM
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.