Senior Android Developer
Join Team CARFAX as a Senior Android Developer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
As a Senior Android Developer you will be a part of the Consumer Experience Development team. The Consumer Experience Development team has full responsibility for our online presence, and that is a very big deal.
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Code and test enhancements for the CARFAX Android applications
- Participate in daily huddles and other Scrum ceremonies
- Collaborate closely with other developers, UX designers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Promote great software design and quality through a disciplined development methodology
- 4 + years of hands-on experience coding in Kotlin or 2+ years of hands-on experience in RxJava
- Deep expertise in MVVM architectural pattern
- Familiarity with Dagger 2, Coroutines, Retrofit 2 and Room
- Experience working and collaborating with remote teams
- Knowledge of coding best practices for security and performance
- To love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
- Experience with Android Studio
- To be a Self Starter and motivated to embrace challenges.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.