DevOps Observability Engineer
Join Team CARFAX as a DevOps Observability Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
New CARFAX employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based positions. On your first day of employment with CARFAX you will be required to upload your vaccination card into our HR system. If hired, HR will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on an individualized basis.
As a DevOps Observability Engineer, you will:
- Be a member of a focused team building the observability platforms used across CARFAX
- Own the observability tools and automation used throughout our DevOps ecosystem that let teams see the real-time performance of their applications
- Collaborate closely with DevOps teams to implement observability best practices
- Contribute to the improved reliability of CARFAX applications
- Create observability automation that can be reused across our products and services
- Continuously analyze and evaluate our tools and systems for improvements and enhancements
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Experience implementing and maintaining application performance monitoring tools (New Relic, Data Dog, AppDynamics).
- Proficient using automation to build solutions in AWS (Terraform, CDK or CloudFormation)
- Experience operating logging solutions (preferably Elasticsearch)
- Familiar with Prometheus to monitor Kubernetes (AWS EKS a plus)
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language to create automation to interact with RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Familiar with monitoring concepts and tools for on-premise infrastructure (physical/virtual servers, databases, network devices)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Be a firm believer in “automate everything”
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.