Product Manager - Consumer Notification
Join our Winning Team as a Product Manager – Consumer Notifications
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with like-minded people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Everything from annual company outings, to monthly new hire happy hours and being a dog friendly work place. And don’t forget about the gear! Every day you will see CARFAXers walking around the office sporting CARFAX t-shirts, hats, backpacks and more. Are you looking to join a company you’ll be proud to show off? If so, take a detour from the daily grind and apply today!
CARFAX offers a unique automotive shopping experience that helps millions of consumers find and purchase the right vehicle. As a Consumer Notifications Product Manager, you’ll apply your deep knowledge of push, email and SMS notifications to create a user retention strategy that drives repeat visitor behaviors and connections.
To do this, you’ll leverage qualitative user insights alongside our world-class quantitative analytics systems to develop, test, and iterate deeply empathetic product roadmaps that meaningfully improve the used car shopping experience.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Own the notifications strategy for product based alerts including the Notifications Engine and Push, SMS and Email channels for alerts.
- Lead cross-functional teams - including engineering, project management, design, analytics, and user research - in the ideation, UX design, technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data. Deeply understand used car shopper needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features that aligns to company goals.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Translate your product vision into user stories to rapidly iterate in our agile environment.
- Define metrics that inform the success of your products, monitor performance in real time, and determine a product roll-out strategy based on quantitative and user feedback.
- Understand CARFAX’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 5+ years product management with an emphasis on consumer notifications (email/push/SMS) and optimization of engagement metrics to drive user retention and repeat visitors.
- Ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development. Preference for working knowledge of design thinking methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated track record of building consumer products that users love and drive high-impact results.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias toward action and customer focused innovation. You thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You work proactively rather than reactively.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills - able to manage stakeholders up, down, and sideways.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity.
- Proven ability to push forward on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.