AWS Cloud, Software Engineer
Join our elite team as an AWS Cloud EngineerDo you want Friday’s off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks between June 1 and September 6, 2021. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
As an AWS Cloud Engineer you will be a part of the Consumer Experience Development team. The Consumer Experience Development team has full responsibility for our online presence, and that is a very big deal.
As an AWS Cloud Engineer you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other AWS engineers and architects, cloud engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Promote great Kubernetes and AWS platform design and quality
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Continuously analyzing and evaluating our systems, products and process for potential improvements
- Experience with AWS product offerings (e.g. EC2, VPCs, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes (AWS EKS a plus)
- Experience with the AWS Console, CLI and SDK
- Experience with Terraform, CDK or CloudFormation
- Have a broad set of technology skills - DEVSECOPS - Development, Security and Operations
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Platforms and Architecture
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of security and performance best practices for cloud architectures
- Hands-on experience building and supporting CI/CD pipelines leveraging a tool such as Jenkins orGitLab
- Be a firm believer in “automate everything”Preferred Experience
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.