Software Engineer Manager & Site Leader - Consumer Experience
Join our Winning Team as a Software Engineer Manager & Site Leader – Consumer Experience
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. With our best-in-class data, CARFAX helps millions of consumers make informed decisions when buying, selling and shopping for used vehicles across North America. CARFAX is thrilled to be opening an office in downtown Buenos Aires, making this an exciting time to be part of building a new team and unique local culture. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best and even more, the balance and rewards we provide to our employees. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference! Our Employees enjoy a Christmas Holiday Break, a robust Well Being program and flexible Hybrid Work Model.
As a Software Engineer Manager & Site Leader, you will be part of the Consumer Experience Development (CXD) Team – the group that is responsible for CARFAX’s industry-leading consumer-facing products and services. Our team uses Agile Development to harness innovative technologies to bring ideas to life.
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We’re passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Autonomy is a key pillar of our tech culture. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We’re not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried. Within CARFAX, we value Teamwork. Our development teams work hand in hand with product owners, project leaders, UX designers and Quality Assurance engineers to produce the best products and solutions possible. If you’re a techie who enjoys constantly learning new things, collaborating with teammates, and building best-in-class products and services, you’ll find exciting opportunities at CARFAX!
As a Software Engineer Manager & Site Leader, you will:
- Build high-performing teams by providing clear goals and continuous feedback
- Improve team and individual performance
- Establish clear goals and objectives that align with Department and Corporate Game Plans
- Provide continuous feedback to engineers through regular 1-on-1 meetings
- Develop self-organizing and self-directing teams
- Coach teams to practice Agile Development and XP methodologies
- Coach teams to use TDD to deliver high quality software releases
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams, product managers, project managers, and UX team members
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 2+ years of experience leading software engineering teams using Agile methodology
- Background in building/designing scalable enterprise software
- Experience with AWS or other related cloud platforms
- Proven track record of cross-functional project delivery
- Experience with Product and Production support
- Strong team player
- Experience with SEO and/or mobile development
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent command/highly proficient in spoken English
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Built large-scale, consumer-facing applications
- Experience supporting applications in the United States or Canada
- Competitive Medical Coverage
- Generous Time Off policies
- Monthly childcare, grocery and electrical / internet allowances
- Education reimbursement
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.