Business Data Analyst
Join our Winning Team as a Business Data Analyst
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
The Business Data Analyst is a part of the Data Services Team which transforms data from vetted sources into valuable information our customers trust. This involves complex research and analysis, strategic thinking, and strong problem solving skills as well as the ability to work cross-functionally across multiple departments and as part of a team.
As a Business Data Analyst you will:
- Do complex research and analysis to support business initiatives, projects, and products
- Identify and implement ways to improve data quality and data integrity
- Derive, document, and communicate analytical business requirements
- Demonstrate your areas of expertise by identifying data norms and anomalies and providing insight
- Work with internal stakeholders to extract maximum value from data
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A minimum of 4+ years of direct experience performing data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Advanced EXCEL skills
- Knowledge of SPSS, SAS, or R (strong R studio skills a significant plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, emphasizing technical writing
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and support skills; you’re a strategic thinker
- Experience in effectively communicating analysis and insight to all levels of the organization
- An appetite for continuous learning and confidence to challenge the status quo
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.