Director of UX & Design
Join Team CARFAX as the Director of User Experience and Design
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
Are you an inspiring leader of User Experience with an entrepreneurial spirit with a history of building strong design teams? If this sounds like you, then the Director of User Experience and Design here at CARFAX might just be your next perfect home! CARFAX is looking for a Director of User Experience and Design to lead our incredibly talented growing group of UX designers and visual designers. The Director will coach and mentor designers while evangelizing design thinking methodologies across an organization. This leader will help bring the brand vision and product strategy to life across digital products, e-commerce, email, media, and point of purchase collateral within a fast-paced, collaborative and data-driven environment. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
Preference is for position to full time based in our Centreville, VA headquarters. Open to considering US remote candidate willing to travel several times a quarter to headquarters.
As the Director of User Experience and Design, you will:
- Lead, manage, mentor and grow an incredibly talented team of UX Designers and Visual Designer.
- Lead and support a strong design culture, one that encourages collaboration, critique, and feedback ensuring products are aligned to company priorities and business needs.
- Create strong and collaborative partnerships with Development, Consumer Marketing, Dealer Marketing and other internal customers to bring the Carfax mission to life.
Vision & Strategy:
- Work closely with executive team, product management, project management, engineering, and SEO to help set a customer centric, product vision and strategy.
- Continually improve Carfax’s design process, research process and help build agile design method’s across the organization.
- Champion UX thinking, and evangelize UX across the organization.
- Lead and maintain the Carfax brand standards, product style guide and pattern libraries.
- Stay on the forefront of emerging design trends, practices and tools.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 10+ years experience as a user experience designer or similar; 5+ years directly managing, mentoring and inspiring a team of people in UX-related roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Design, Multimedia, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or equivalent.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative metrics to manage programs in order to drive revenue, conversion, sales and other marketing goals
- Strong team leadership, people and project management, and organizational experience.
- An online portfolio showcasing a brand range of consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications.
- Expert ability to lead iterative and collaborative design processes (whiteboard inspired)
- Fluency in common design tools such as Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Framer, Balsamiq and more.
- A passion for solving the complex, with a fluency in information architecture.
- Experience leading user research and testing initiatives.
- Understanding of the technical capabilities of HTML, XML, CSS, Responsive design, API’s etc.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.