Business Data Analyst
Join our Winning Team as a Business Data Analyst
Do you want Fridays off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks from Memorial Day through Labor Day. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
The Business Data Analyst will work with members of CARFAX’s business development and data teams to support strategic decisions and investments in product and data and to help CARFAX unlock new insights and product opportunities from our 24+ billion record vehicle history database.
As a Business Data Analyst you will:
- Become an expert of the vehicle history data that drives CARFAX’s products
- Play a pivotal role in creating, building and maintaining CARFAX’s data superiority
- Support the launch of a brand new product, CARFAX Reliability & Repair Costs
- Define, quantify, and report on data quality efforts and goals
- Serve as an expert analyst for studies and research relating to our vehicle history information
- Identify new insights from our vehicle history data that can be incorporated into CARFAX products
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 3-7 years’ work-related experience successfully summarizing complex datasets and data driven products to drive strategic decision making
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Proven leader with the confidence to bring new ideas and solutions to the team
- Experience coordinating multiple projects across several departments and able to champion projects through to completion
- Strong work ethic, highly driven and self-motivated
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication skills
- Software aptitude: Excel advance required, R Studio intermediate strongly preferred; MicroStrategy and SQL a plus
- This role will start remotely due to COVID-19 and report to our Centreville, VA headquarters when we return to the office.
Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.