Systems Developer (JAVA Back End)
Join our Winning Team as a Systems Developer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with like-minded people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Everything from annual company outings, to monthly new hire happy hours and being a dog friendly work place. And don’t forget about the gear! Every day you will see CARFAXers walking around the office sporting CARFAX t-shirts, hats, backpacks and more. Are you looking to join a company you’ll be proud to show off? If so, take a detour from the daily grind and apply today!
As a System Developer you will use big data analytics to build intelligent frameworks that support everything from modernizing legacy processes to crafting original back end systems. The Data Tech team uses Agile development methods to harnesses revolutionary tools and innovative thinking to bring forward thinking products to fruition. The team is devoted to working smarter by cutting through the nonsense and getting stuff done. If you are passionate about technology and are looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, consider a future as a Systems Developer on CARFAX’s Data Technology team.
As a Systems Developer you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data for business analytics
- Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Communicate directly with customers on a daily basis
- Assist in the migration from legacy systems
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Hands-on experience with Object- Oriented Programming
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
You will also need established experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Hadoop, Mongo, MySQL, Oracle
- Docker , Mesos and ETL systems
- Spark and Drill
- Java, C, C++, or Groovy
- Grails and/or Spring
- Git version control
- Linux server environments
- Unit Testing
- Agile development methods
- Design Patterns
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.