Field Sales Consultant
Join our Winning Team as a Field Sales Consultant
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
The Field Sales Consultant is responsible for presenting the value of the CARFAX suite of products, creating a sense of urgency with decision makers and closing deals.
As a Field Sales Consultant you will:
- Build relationships and work with current CARFAX Advantage clients, including both independent and franchise auto dealers
- Visit automobile dealerships to educate dealers on how they can leverage CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX for Life and other vehicle history products to promote dealer inventory and help build buyer confidence when shopping and buying used cars.
- Sell vehicle history products: meet and exceed monthly activity and sales quotas; win sales contests; have fun!
- Manage assigned sales territory; track and log activity and customer information in Salesforce CRM.
- Maintain required monthly sales activity and results performance
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 4+ years of experience in B2B sales, preferably in media, advertising, or technology; experience in the automotive industry a plus.
- Enthusiastic and competitive spirit; strong communicator, presenter and influencer; solid knowledge of CARFAX products; and a consultative sales approach.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-directed, and a strong team player.
- Ability to use technology, including laptop computers, iPads, and iPhones; proficient in MS Office products; Salesforce CRM experience highly desirable.
- 75% travel required; must have valid driver’s license.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.