Data Mapping Specialist (Bilingual French and English) - Temporary
Join Team CARFAX as a Data Mapping Specialist (Bilingual French and English)
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
As a Data Mapping Specialist, you will gain hands on experience with the Data Services Team in interpreting and converting the necessary data points to CARFAX’s products including service data to the vehicle history report (VHR) and data for attribute. This position will increase data integrity and protect consumers and dealers when buying and selling cars. We are passionate about data. The work environment is filled with innovation, high-energy and with a dedicated team striving towards one goal at full speed.
We're looking for someone who has a high level of interest and potential expertise to:
- Map service data to improve decoder rates for increased accuracy on the VHR.
- Investigate and resolve unmatched or ignored source data.
- Audit and approve mappings. Provide and update new mapping taxonomy when needed.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Explain findings at an executive or granular level depending on the stakeholder.
- Adhere to the documented best practices and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Complete fluency in English and professional proficiency in written and spoken French.
- Data entry skills.
- Sound time management and organization skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
- Experience working with data receipt and analysis a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
*This is a temporary role for a term of up to 12 months
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.