Join our Winning Team as a Controller
CARFAX is seeking a Controller to lead its General Ledger and Accounts Payable functions and teams. Our ideal candidate has solid communication, technical, analytical and management skills, as well as a solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). CPA strongly preferred.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and everyone contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling used cars. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving; high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work”.
As a Controller you will:
- Manage all aspects of General Ledger accounting
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements and provide monthly, quarterly and annual variance analyses
- Identify inefficiencies within the Accounting function and re-engineer current processes
- Work closely with the business to establish an in depth understanding of expenses; pinpoint areas for potential cost savings
- Lead RFP processes across the organization and perform analytics on vendor proposals
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP; Liaise with holding company (IHSM) to ensure compliance with reporting standards
- Establish and maintain internal controls/Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Lead on all internal and external audits
- Supervise the Accounts Payable and General Accounting teams
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation
- Prepare Ad hoc reports and respond to analysis requests
- 7-10 years of experience in a Corporate Accounting role; previous experience in public accounting highly valued
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA strongly preferred
- Direct supervisory experience required
- Broad knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Proven track record in streamlining processes
- Strong proficiency in Excel and experience with financial modeling
- Ability to track and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks with lean teams
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.