Join Team CARFAX as a Back-End Developer
Do you want Friday’s off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks between June 1 and September 6, 2021. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!As a Back-End Developer you will be a part of the Consumer Experience Development team. The Consumer Experience Development team has full responsibility for our online presence, and that is a very big deal.
As a Back-End Developer you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Collaborate closely with other developers, front-end designers, stakeholders and internal customers
- Promote great software design and quality
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Golang, Python or C#; we primarily use Java
- Experience building web services using REST or GraphQL
- Relational and NoSql database systems such as MySql, Mongo, Hadoop or Elasticsearch
- Experience with AWS environments
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Spring Boot / MVC or Node.js
- Experience with Testing frameworks like Spock, JUnit or JEST
Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.