Join our Winning Team as a Network Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
Are you a Network Engineer who specializes in highly secure, complex IT environments? Does the idea of joining a team responsible for innovation and maintaining and supporting a wide breadth of IT solutions excite you? If so, the Network Engineer role at CARFAX may be a great fit for you! In this role, you will be responsible for a wide range of IT solutions, including Cloud Networks, multiple Data Centers, high-volume, customer facing web sites as well as providing infrastructure network support to multiple WAN connectivity points.
As a Network Engineer you will:
- Ensure the stable and reliable connectivity of all Cloud, LAN, and WAN networks
- Assisting CARFAX network engineers with all levels of network engineering, from innovating new technologies to hardware/software support while maintaining and improving security procedures.
- Rapidly troubleshoot network outages
- Provide accurate and creative solutions for various supporting departments and teams.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed documentation and publishing; where applicable
- Be available for 24/7 “on-call” issues and “off-hour” maintenance or installations.
- 5+ years experience installing, maintaining, securing, and monitoring local and wide area networks.
- 2+ years experience with AWS Cloud Networking.
- Demonstrated ability to administer layer 3 and layer 2 switching.
- Previous experience with Cisco wireless controllers in Enterprise environments.
- Previous experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and AnyConnect VPNs for remote staff.
- Previous experience with scripting languages for network automation. For example: Terraform, Ansible, or Phython.
- Solid understanding of DNS.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical and/or senior leadership staff.
- Experience with Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, NGINX, Solarwinds, AWS and InfoBlox.
- Current Certifications a plus
Must be able to lift (up to 75 lbs.) and move equipment in and out of a computer room racks, as well as maneuver under counters and through ladder racks to run cables.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.