Back-End Developer (JAVA)
Join the Data Technologies team as a Systems Developer
Do you want Friday’s off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks between June 1 and September 6, 2021. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
As a Systems Developer you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop high performing data streams and APIs to guarantee fast and accurate delivery
- Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
You will also need established experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Java or C#
- Frameworks like Groovy and Spring
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, MySQL
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux command line
- Unit and integration testing
- Git version control
Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.