Join our Winning Team as a Cloud Network Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
Are you a Cloud Network Engineer who specializes in highly secure, complex IT environments? Does the idea of joining a team responsible for innovation and maintaining and supporting a wide breadth of IT solutions excite you? If so, the Cloud Network Engineer role at CARFAX may be a great fit for you! In this role, you will be responsible for a wide range of IT solutions, including Cloud Networks, multiple Data Centers, high-volume, customer facing web sites as well as providing infrastructure network support to multiple WAN connectivity points.
As a Systems Engineer you will:
- Ensure the stable and reliable connectivity of all Cloud, LAN, and WAN networks
- Assist with all levels of network administration, from innovating new technologies to hardware/software support while maintaining and improving security procedures
- Rapidly troubleshoot network outages
- Provide accurate and creative solutions for various supporting departments and teams
- Maintain up-to-date detailed documentation and publishing where applicable
- Be available for 24/7 “on-call” rotation and “off-hour” maintenance or installations
- 5+ years’ experience installing, maintaining, securing, and monitoring local and wide area networks
- 2+ years’ experience with Cloud Networking (i.e., AWS VPC and direct connect circuits)
- Demonstrated ability to administer layer 3 and layer 2 switching, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, port-channels, SIP, QoS and LAN/WAN standards
- Previous experience with Cisco wireless controllers in Enterprise environments
- Previous experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and AnyConnect VPNs for remote staff
- Previous experience with scripting languages for network automation. (i.e., Terraform)
- Solid understanding of DNS
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical and/or senior leadership
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and move equipment in and out of a computer room racks, as well as maneuver under counters and through ladder racks to run cables
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.