Software Engineer - Full Stack
Join our Winning Team as a Software Engineer - Full Stack
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. With our best-in-class data, CARFAX helps millions of consumers make informed decisions when buying, selling, and shopping for used vehicles across North America. CARFAX is thrilled to be opening an office in downtown Buenos Aires, making this an exciting time to be part of building a new team and unique local culture. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best and even more, the balance and rewards we provide to our employees. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference! Our Employees enjoy a Christmas Holiday Break, a robust Well Being program and flexible Hybrid Work Model.
As a Software Engineer - Full Stack you will be a part of the Business Technology team, which helps CARFAX build and support products that help millions of people!
As a Software Engineer - Full Stack, you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, architects, cloud engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Review and test existing code-bases or technical integrations across various CARFAX projects
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Kotlin, TypeScript, Golang, Python or C#; we primarily use JVM languages and TypeScript
- Knowledge with client/server architecture and building web services using REST or GraphQL
- Relational and NoSQL database systems such as MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB or Elasticsearch
- Experience with developing in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience in full SDLC development including design, building, testing, deployment, upgrade, and support.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentor engineers through complicated technical challenges
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Excellent command/highly proficient in spoken English
- Competitive Medical Coverage
- Generous Time Off policies
- Monthly childcare, grocery, and electrical / internet allowances
- Education reimbursement
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.