Cloud Software Engineer
Join our elite team as a Cloud Software Engineer
Team CARFAX is looking for hands-on, system-level thinkers who understand the many tradeoffs of technology choices, engage with distributed teams, build system-level libraries and services and build world class software products.
The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our developers can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
A typical day will have you:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing, deploying, and maintaining industry leading products and applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other developers, front-end designers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Promote great software design and quality
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Continuously analyzing and evaluating our systems, products and process for potential improvements
- Communicating across development teams to understand pain points and places where improvements can be beneficial
- Educating business stakeholders and product development teams on the proper use of cloud tools and services
You’ll need to:
- Communicate - Be vocal! We believe in the wisdom of crowds and your input is needed and valued!
- Have a Self-Driven attitude - ability to quickly come up to speed with different technologies on an ongoing basis
- Exhibit technical acumen - Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different technologies!
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
Required Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of coding best practices for security and performance
- Have a broad set of technology skills - DEVSECOPS - Development, Security and Operations
- Operational experience - ready to own the uptime and quality of systems
- Documentation and teaching mindset - Help others!
- Familiarity with AWS product offerings (i.e. Lambda, API Gateway, Fargate, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms and Architecture
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Python or C#
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Spring Boot / MVC or Node.js
- Familiarity with Relational and NoSql database systems (i.e. MySql, DynamoDB)
- Familiarity with Messaging platforms (i.e. RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Familiarity with Agile software development including Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Other languages we use such as TypeScript, Python or Kotlin
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.