Cyber Security Engineer
Join Team CARFAX as a Cyber Security Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong and our team is
The Cyber Security Engineer role will have significant responsibility in securing CARFAX networks, systems, and applications. This position will work closely with data center, cloud, and security teams as well as third-party organizations to ensure that security, privacy, and compliance solutions are adequately designed and integrated into our IT operations. This position will monitor and research current trends in the industry to optimize and align our IT operations security processes to model industry best practices.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will:
- Develop a deep working knowledge of CARFAX’s network architecture, customized system functions and dependencies, and how security infrastructure, controls, and processes protect critical data and assets.
- Design, build, and assist with solutions and core security projects related to network architecture.
- Perform threat hunting, event analysis, and investigations tailored to our threat environment.
- Operate and maintain vulnerability scanning tools to identify and remediate security weaknesses.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide expertise on topics related to network security.
- Monitor the general security landscape and research current trends in the industry to optimize and align Information Security processes to industry best practices.
- Conduct detailed assessments of network security systems and access rules to ensure they are appropriate, secure, and defensible based on least privilege.
- Enhance network security posture to better protect against attacks and detect new threat vectors.
- Participate in supporting a diverse, distributed, and agile environment.
- Self-organize and prioritize activities independently.
- Create and maintain documentation and perform status reporting.
- Build working relationships with business and operational units across the organization.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, or a related field with a minimum of 3-5 years hands on experience in a security engineering role.
- Preference for CISSP, GIAC, CCNA Security, Security +, CCNP Security, PCNSE certifications.
- Understanding of OSI stack – L2, L3, TCP, UDP, common ports.
- Experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, host, and network-based access controls, routing and switching), DNS/DNSSEC.
- Solid understanding of transport layer security (TLS)
- Working knowledge of security tools/languages including NMAP, Nessus, Kali Linux, Python, etc.
- In-depth experience with Incident Response, digital forensics, and knowledge of Windows functionality. Ability to perform forensic analysis with common security analysis tools.
- Experience with cloud technologies including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, FaaS.
- Knowledge of Cisco FW, Cisco ISE, Palo Alto, AWS network security, and ELK Stack
- Understanding of Group Policy and Local Security Policy
- Familiarity with Backup and Disaster Recovery best practices
- Windows Server permissions (Global Groups, Universal Groups, Domain Local Groups)
- Base level understanding of Virtualization
- Knowledge of security operations concepts such as perimeter defense, data loss protection, insider threat, kill-chain analysis, risk assessment, common security frameworks, Multi-Factor Authentication solutions (Okta, Auth0) and VPN architecture.
- Experience with conducting firewall reviews, including firewall rule audits and risk assessments.
- System hardening experience utilizing CIS benchmarks and CIS-CAT tools.
- Working knowledge with automation and monitoring platforms (Chef, New Relic, Zabbix, etc.)
- Experience with VMware and Windows/Linux based systems
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.