Join Team CARFAX as a UX Designer
(Position open to current Ontario residents only)
Do you want Fridays off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks between June 1 and September 6, 2021. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
CARFAX is growing and seeking an experienced UX Designer who is looking for a new opportunity with a GREAT company. Our ideal candidate will have proven experience designing interfaces that provide value to our customers.
This position is full time and based in Ontario. Open to considering remote Ontario candidates who are willing to travel several times a quarter to our London, Ontario office.
As a UX Designer, you will:
- Work every day with a team of product managers, user experience researchers and developers across the business to understand and solve business and user problems.
- Design intuitive, results driven products and thoughtful user experiences that balance aesthetics and usability.
- Leverage research findings and analytics data to inform design decisions and evaluate the effectiveness of designs.
- Prototype to demonstrate and evaluate potential designs with stakeholders.
- Work within an Agile team environment that delivers through iteration.
- Listen and sharing with colleagues across the company to drive collaboration.
- Know the possibilities and limitations of current development approaches for responsive web interfaces.
- Illustrate a firm grasp of the user centered design process (Strategy, Research, Design and Testing), and being able to lead the product team through the various stages.
In a given week, our UX Designers might be:
- Leading a whiteboard session with the rest of the project team (product manager, developers, etc.) to brainstorm designs.
- Creating user workflows or information architecture for a complex new feature.
- Working with UX Researchers to evaluate proposed features or products through user testing.
- Facilitate workshops with the product team to help evaluate which product concepts to build out.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 5+ years of experience designing responsive interfaces across multiple platforms (web, native apps, etc).
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with User Experience.
- Be proficient in using design tools such as the Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to travel to the U.S. approximately 4-5 times a year
- Have an online portfolio of UX work samples you can share with us.*
*Please Note: an online portfolio is required for consideration.
*Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.