Consumer Affairs Representative
Join our Winning Team a Consumer Affairs Representative
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
As a Consumer Affairs Representative, you will:
- Provide timely support to customers requesting assistance related to their use of CARFAX products and services.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers through all media (phone, email, chat, social media, etc.), translating complex information into easily understood language, as appropriate.
- Defuse potentially volatile situations and bring the discussion to focus on resolution
- Work with internal customers and external data providers to verify data, including supporting documentation
- Accurately document and classify all communication with customers
- Recommend product improvements based on empirical data
- Leverage all available resources to research and resolve customer issues
- Research and analytic experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen, write concisely and summarize events
- Sense of urgency and passionate about customer service and satisfaction
- Creative thinker who is inquisitive and insists on substantiated conclusions
- High level of proficiency in typing
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in a metrics-oriented environment
- Proficiency in commonly used office technologies (e.g., MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience in a customer-facing, professional environment required, or some equivalent combination of experience and education, including military experience
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.