Join Team CARFAX as a Data Architect
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best.
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We’re passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Autonomy is a key pillar of our tech culture. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We’re not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried. Within CARFAX, we value Teamwork. Our development teams work hand in hand with product owners, project leaders, UX designers and Quality Assurance engineers to produce the best products and solutions possible.
As a Data Architect, you will be part of the Core Product Solutions (CORE) Team – the group that is responsible for the solutions that are common to all of our products. Our team uses Agile Development to harness innovative technologies to bring ideas to life.
As a Data Architect you will:
- Define the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, security, reference data, master data, versioning, lineage, and data lifecycle.
- Identify solutions and build requirements for new databases.
- Identify areas of improvement across current systems.
- Work with development teams to implement data storage and delivery solutions that are common across different applications to reach project milestones.
- Lead architectural discussions and design exercises to educate best practices for data management.
- Establish clear goals and objectives that align with Department and Corporate Game Plans.
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams, product managers, project managers, and UX team members.
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, and optimizing data platforms.
- Strong, demonstrated understanding of data warehousing concepts.
- Background in building/designing scalable enterprise software.
- Experience with AWS or other related cloud platforms.
- Proven track record of cross-functional project delivery.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to see both the big picture and details of implementation.
- Strong team player.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience with how data architecture impacts SEO.
- Built large-scale, common applications or services that enrich multiple products.
- Supported applications in multiple markets (i.e., Canada) and/or languages.
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.