Strategic Pricing Manager
Join Team CARFAX as a Strategic Pricing Manager!
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. And just announced, the return of the 4-day work week from Memorial Day through Labor Day! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference! Even today, while working remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong, and our team is connected!
New CARFAX employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based positions. On your first day of employment with CARFAX you will be required to upload your vaccination card into our HR system. If hired, HR will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on an individualized basis.
The Strategic Pricing Manager works closely with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to drive best in class commercial excellence for CARFAX within the Sales organization to ensure promotions and price levels align to price strategy and overarching business goals.
As a Strategic Pricing Manager, you will:
- Analyze historical data and market trends to provide insights and recommendations that inform our pricing and promotions strategy.
- Manage quarterly promotional calendar. Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to measure and optimize return on investment.
- Develop a comprehensive reporting suite to support promotional strategy and goals.
- Deliver best in class pricing analytics: measure and analyze qualitative research (customer, market research, sales feedback) and quantitative (product-usage, sales operations, financial results) data to assess pricing effectiveness and recommend future actions we should take.
- Manage data and modeling for dealer account reviews and be an active participant in quarterly business reviews.
- Partner with Sales Management and Finance to find opportunities to improve sales process and drive increased deal velocity.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 7+ years full-time work experience with a minimum of 3 years in an analytical role focused on pricing and promotions
- BS in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate insights based on complex data analysis.
- Experience extracting and analyzing large data sets using SQL and Excel.
- Experience working on B2B subscription products desired, but not required.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.