Join our Business Technology Team as a Project Manager
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. We pride ourselves on being mission focused with an integrity-filled brand and care deeply about our products and customers. We’re more than just a company, our products help millions of people every day make better, more informed decisions. We also know that our teammates are our biggest asset, and we support balance between work and loved ones while tackling challenging projects and working with great people. One last thing: The four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
We’re seeking a Project Manager to focus on defining, planning, and implementing a diverse set of projects within our Banking & Insurance Group (BIG). You’ll work with a diverse set of business and technology leaders across the business and will be focusing primarily on data and website related projects. This is the first dedicated Project Manager for this group, and you will play a big part in building best practices, processes and influencing change.
This role has an expectation of 3 days in office per week, with the possibility of change in the future based on business needs.
As a Project Manager working with our Banking & Insurance Group you will:
- Play a key role in building processes, building structure and defining roles & responsibilities related to Project Management
- Take ownership of all aspects of project management, agile development team product ownership, analysis and validation (QA/UAT) while managing changes to project scope, schedule and costs
- Develop and refine project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, risks, and contingency plans and gather, articulate, and represent project requirements
- Ensure a common understanding across stakeholders and team members by setting and managing expectations in accordance with the project plan
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams through the execution of tasks defined in the project plan
- Measure project performance to monitor progress, identify variances, perform corrective actions, and communicate to stakeholders
- Establish and cultivate strong working relationships with other teammates, departments and organizations
- Generate key project deliverables and facilitate their review
- Post-Secondary education and 5-7 years experience in project management
- Experience working on projects related to cloud migration, AWS, API’s, as well as front end / website development is beneficial
- Proven experience delivering projects within an agile environment
- Proven ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple job levels to achieve results
- Experience leading project teams of 6 or more people
- Demonstrated use of proven project management practices and tools and excellent Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and SharePoint/Confluence/HTML skills
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time - primarily between CARFAX offices
- Ability to start workday at 7 am on occasion due to European teammates
- Bonus points for those with PMP, CSPO or CSM certifications
What do we offer in return?
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and generous time off policies
- Winter holiday hours and 4-Day summer work weeks
- 401(k) / RRSP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly office spaces with onsite amenities
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.