Join our Winning Team as a Cloud Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. With our best-in-class data, CARFAX helps millions of consumers make informed decisions when buying, selling and shopping for used vehicles across North America. CARFAX is thrilled to be opening an office in downtown Buenos Aires, making this an exciting time to be part of building a new team and unique local culture. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best and even more, the balance and rewards we provide to our employees. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference! Our Employees enjoy a Christmas Holiday Break, a robust Well Being program and flexible Hybrid Work Model.
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We’re passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Autonomy is a key pillar of our tech culture. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We’re not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried. Within CARFAX, we value Teamwork. Our development teams work hand in hand with product owners, project leaders, UX designers and Quality Assurance engineers to produce the best products and solutions possible.
Team CARFAX is looking for hands-on, system-level thinkers who understand the many tradeoffs of technology choices, engage with distributed teams, configure and build re-usable cloud patterns and assist development teams in migrating and operating their applications in the cloud.
As a Cloud Engineer you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining a robust cloud architecture to development teams
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other AWS engineers and architects, cloud engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Promote great Kubernetes and AWS platform design and quality
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Continuously analyzing and evaluating our systems, products and process for potential improvements
- Communicating across development teams to understand pain points and places where improvements can be beneficial
- Educating business stakeholders and product development teams on the proper use of cloud tools and services
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience with AWS product offerings (e.g. EC2, VPCs, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes (AWS EKS a plus)
- Experience with the AWS Console, CLI and SDK
- Experience with Terraform, CDK or CloudFormation
- Experience migrating software applications to AWS
- Have a broad set of technology skills - DEVSECOPS - Development, Security and Operations
- Operational experience - ready to own the uptime and quality of systems
- Documentation and teaching mindset - Help others!
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms and architecture
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of security and performance best practices for cloud architectures
- Hands-on experience building and supporting CI/CD pipelines leveraging a tool such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Be a firm believer in “automate everything”
- Excellent command/highly proficient in spoken English
- Familiarity with Traefik, gloo or Ambassador (Envoy is a plus)
- Familiarity with Prometheus, Grafana
- Familiarity with CloudFront
- Cloud development experience leveraging AWS products such as Lambda, SQS, SNS, ECS, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile software development including Test Driven Development and Pair Programming.
You’ll need to:
- Communicate - Be vocal! We believe in the wisdom of crowds and your input is needed and valued!
- Have a Self-Driven attitude - ability to quickly come up to speed with different technologies on an ongoing basis
- Exhibit technical acumen - Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different technologies!
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
- Competitive Medical Coverage
- Generous Time Off policies
- Monthly childcare, grocery and electrical / internet allowances
- Education reimbursement
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.