Accounts Payable Specialist - Travel and Expense
Join Team CARFAX as an Accounts Payable Specialist - Travel and Expense
Do you want Fridays off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks from Memorial Day through Labor Day. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
The Accounts Payable Specialist has full-cycle accounts payable responsibilities and is part of CARFAX’s fast-paced, customer-focused Finance team.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist - Travel and Expense you will:
- Be responsible for full-cycle vendor setup and maintenance, including a strong understanding of required supporting documents
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all vendor invoices for payment, including matching to purchase order, coding to the general ledger, and accounting period
- Prepare weekly payment cycles
- Assist colleagues in all departments with Accounts Payable related inquires
- Act as primary contact for vendor inquiries
- Be responsible for timely review of all travel and expense reports and receipts and adherence to CARFAX policies
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 2-5 years of Accounts Payable experience working in a high-volume environment with a focus on travel and expense
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Concur ideally. NetSuite experience is a plus
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity and initiative to research issues and creatively solve problems
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with shared responsibilities
- Accounting degree a plus
- This role will start remotely due to COVID-19 and report to our Centreville, VA headquarters when we return to the office
Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.