Senior Product Manager
Join our Winning Team as a Senior Product Manager
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
We’re seeking a Product Manager with strong consumer experience to help CARFAX become an industry leader in automotive reviews.
As the Product Manager - Consumer Experience, you’ll help us collect reviews from millions of CARFAX consumers. You’ll orchestrate teams of talented and passionate engineers, analysts, researchers, and designers to distribute CARFAX Ratings and Reviews everywhere.
This is a full time position. Willing to consider remote candidates nationwide, but must be open to regular travel to Centreville, Virginia headquarters.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Lead CARFAX’s Ratings and Reviews product strategy designed to build a consumer experience that promotes collecting more reviews and distributing them everywhere.
- Lead cross-functional teams; including engineering, project management, design, analytics, SEO and user research - in the ideation, UX design, technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data. Deeply understand used car shopper needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features that aligns to company goals.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Translate your product vision into detailed functional specifications.
- Define metrics that inform the success of your products, monitor performance in real time, and determine a product roll-out strategy based on data insights.
- Understand CARFAX’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 7+ years product management, ideally in a consumer experience focused product. Experience with a Ratings and Reviews product is preferred.
- Strong experience incorporating SEO strategies into a product strategy.
- Ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development. Preference for working knowledge of design thinking methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated track record of building consumer products that users love and drive high-impact results.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias toward action and customer focused innovation. You thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You work proactively rather than reactively.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills - able to manage stakeholders up, down, and sideways.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity.
- Proven ability to push forward on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success.
- BA/BS in related field of study.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.