iOS Mobile Developer
Join our Winning Team as an iOS Mobile Developer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
We are looking for an iOS developer to be responsible for the development and support of a unique mobile application supporting CARFAX sales and support reps across the country. This exclusive app gives CARFAX a unique advantage over its competitors and YOU will help keep it that way! You will be working alongside a very small team of engineers and designers, with very high visibility to product leadership in the company. You'll need to be innovative, collaborative, forward-thinking, and agile in the face of evolving requirements and priorities.
As an iOS Mobile Developer on this team, you will:
- Help create solutions and build a complex application on the iOS platform, taking advantage of the latest iPad hardware and operating-system capabilities
- Ensure the reliability and responsiveness of the application, seamlessly adapting whether connected to WiFi, LTE, or with no connection available at all
- Collaborate with business customers, product managers, designers, and other developers to build out and support application features with a quick turnaround and iterative approach
- Diagnose and fix issues discovered by QA testers and business users, and ensure timely release and deployment of updated app versions
- Maintain clean, efficient, clearly-organized, and well-documented code
- Gain experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) processes that provide data to the mobile app (current AWS experience is a definite plus!)
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent IT field
- 2-3 years proven experience developing mobile applications for the iOS platform, with emphasis on the Swift language
- Solid understanding of MVC / MVVM paradigms and Cocoa Touch design patterns
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as UIKit, MapKit, Core Data, XCTest, and others
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and iOS Human Interface guidelines
- Experience integrating with 3rd-party services such as RESTful APIs and SalesForce
- Familiarity with web-design workflows and tools such as Invision
- Proficiency with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.