Principal Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer- Poker
Do you grow with a challenge? Are you curious about what it means to deploy code at webscale? Are you super knowledgeable communicating by emotes in online team chat rooms? Then you will find that our Poker team is the home for you. We are a hard-working team with varied strengths that works hard and plays hard, with many exciting social and professional events to help you take your career to the next level. When you work on Poker you will not only get a chance to change the future of one of the key franchises for Zynga, but you will also learn to know when to hold’em, AND know when to fold’em.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build functional systems that improve customer experience and infrastructure stability. Contact us today to learn how to get a seat at the best table in the games industry!
Your responsibilities include:
- Reviewing infrastructure and application changes for new and existing features and services.
- Defining game and system architecture, researching new technologies, and prototyping new ideas while aligning it with business initiatives.
- Working with various disciplines to provide technical insight into new initiatives.
- Evangelizing, collaborating, and sharing technology across studio architects
- Designing and implementing build, deployment, and configuration management
- Building and testing automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handling code deployments in all environments
- Monitoring metrics and developing ways to improve
- Providing technical guidance and educating team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorming for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
Building, maintaining, and monitoring configuration standards
- Maintaining day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Managing CI and CD tools with team
- Documenting and designing various processes; updating existing processes
- Improving infrastructure development and application development
- Troubleshooting production issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Experience with Linux infrastructures, database SQL (MySQL), CI/CD tools, scripting such as PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Agile workflow methodologies, Cloud technology
- Experienced in C#, Java, C/C++ or similar programming language
- Experience in tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
What we offer you
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride,
ZParentsandmore Dog Friendlyoffices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion,
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need