Senior Internal Auditor
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Senior Internal Auditor assists with the development of work plans and execution of various internal audits including Balance Sheet reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOA) and other compliance and operational audits. Based on a firm understanding of auditing standards, conducts various reviews to ensure Xylems’ facilities compliance with established policies, SOA and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
As a member of the Xylem Headquarters Internal Audit Group and reporting to the Senior IA Manager, Americas, you will lead and assist co-sourced Internal Audit Teams on various projects across the Americas region (US, Canada and South America) that encompass areas of SOA compliance, operational, financial and specialized audits. Key responsibilities include review and identification of SOA site controls, assessment of control design, recommending control design improvements where applicable, testing key controls and thorough completion of all work-paper testing and test plans. Financial audits will include review and testing of key Balance Sheet accounts, financial reporting and other operational audits or special projects. The incumbent is expected to be seen as a valued business partner to Xylem’s business teams across the Company.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting is required. Professional designation (CPA, CIA, CFE) is preferred.
- 5-7 years of internal audit experience with a large manufacturing enterprise and/or an internationally recognized accounting firm is required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong English communication skills, including written and spoken, is required. The ability to speak a second language (Spanish or Portugese) is a plus.
- Strong project management and business partnership skills are necessary.
- Experience with data mining and data analytics tools (e.g., ACL) is desired.
- 20% to 35% travel (sometimes international/overnight) is required for this position.
- Note: This is a position with high visibility that offers the potential ability to relocate in the future. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is highly motivated to grow his/her career within Xylem’s Operational Finance teams or at the Regional level.
- Building acumen
- Business partnership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Finance project management
- Inspiring accountability
- Intelligent risk management
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- 25% travel to US & Canadian sites with occasional South American travels.
EOE including disability and veteran