Technical Sales Representative-Northeast Region
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Xylem Analytics is a leading provider of premium laboratory analytical instrumentation for environmental, food and beverage, chemical, and pharmaceutical markets. The successful candidate will have a passion for matching products and services with Customer needs to improve throughput and lower costs. The selected candidate will represent the Xylem Analytics’ Laboratory Segment in the assigned territory ( NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, ME, NH, VT, CAN-Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, PEI ) by applying knowledge of products, pricing plans, competition, marketing objectives and sales skills, while providing feedback to the Company concerning market trends, competitive information, and new opportunities for exiting/new products.
Job Specifications and Work Performed:
- Securing orders from existing and potential customers by visiting client facilities and communicating by phone/email.
- Discovering and developing high revenue opportunities through new and existing business.
- Identifying emerging market opportunities.
- Charting and implementing short and long-term performance objectives.
- Coordinating with various departments, supervisors and support to achieve performance objectives.
- Directing client application requests and timeline constraints.
- Participating and networking in local market associations in which customers participate and engage.
- Collaborating with regional counterparts and fostering a team environment.
- Establishing and maintaining client rapport.
- Performing equipment demonstrations as needed and maintaining/safekeeping of demonstration equipment.
- Assessing competitive risks and highlighting product strengths.
- Administrative work including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining client information in company CRM (Salesforce)
- Filing expense reports in a complete and timely manner
- Preparing business plans for the coverage of territory
- Submitting weekly/monthly activity/call reports
- Tracking monthly forecasts accurately- projecting current and future business.
- 50% overnight travel to achieve sales quota, and to meet goals and objectives set for the region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related science.
- Minimum three (3) years-analytical equipment experience and/or equivalent Sales experience.
- Must be well organized and highly motivated.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple sales opportunities and tasks.
- Must possess reasoning ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- General knowledge or experience with wet chemistry and organic chemistry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales process.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Occasionally lift and or move up to 50lbs