1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Shipper/Receiver to support our rental Service Center. You will be responsible for the shipping and receiving of goods, rentals and customer equipment, creating service estimates and reaching out to those customers. You will also be required to service and repair pumps, and any other duties required by the immediate supervisor and/or branch head.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform duties of shipping and receiving, shop maintenance and housekeeping
- Inventory management and control
- Use a variety of software programs
- Logistical coordination
- Purchase order creation
- Being mechanically inclined is an asset
Cycle count lead
- Pump inspection/returned rentals and customer repairs
- Ontario Driver’s License required
- Be able to drive equipment – i.e.: forklifts
- Knowledge of electrical/diesel engines an asset
- May assist other team members in the field as required
- Work in a team environment
- Consolidation of outgoing rental equipment
- Creation and processing of work orders
- Verify diesel generators prior to shipment
- Other duties as required by the supervisor
- Reports directly to the Service Center Supervisor
- Bilingual French/English is required*
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma with over six months to two years previous experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Over six months to two years previous experience as a shipper receiver.
- Consistently dependable.
- Knowledge Ontario safety regulations (ESH) and tow motor requirements as well as plumbing, electrical, and welding.
- Ability to read and comprehend work and computer instructions, test procedures, and safety rules, with the ability to record pump test results.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Light lifting (25-50 lbs.), Shop/Yard environment
Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.