Senior Technology Innovations Manager
Senior Technology Innovations Manager
R+D for the Built Environment (@XL Construction), Full-Time Mountain View, CA
Who we are/ What we do:
R+D for the Built Environment (@XL Construction) is the ideas workshop for a large tech company in Mountain View. We are architects, engineers, researchers, designers, inventors, dreamers and builders who are obsessed with meaningfully shaping our environment. We are a community of optimistic, passionate, action-oriented solution-seekers who love to say “yes” and then create the path to deliver on that answer. From the scale of the Desk to the scale of the District, we generate ideas and prototypes that deliver immediate tangible value, and project a resilient, resource eﬃcient, technologically-enriched and beautiful future.
What You Do:
As a Senior Technology Manager, you will oversee multiple initiatives related to workplace technology solutions. You have the ability to transition adeptly between a wide variety of topics that you may not be an expert in. You proactively recommend and provide technology solutions, new technology ideas that would enable and improve the projects. You love challenges, experimentation with new tools and technologies, and you strive to ﬁnd solutions to problems at hand. You’re ﬂexible, adaptable, and humble in your work. Your responsibilities may consist of building physical mock-ups, working prototypes, testing solutions for user experience, and assisting team members with producing presentation documentation and other materials.
You are a jack or jill of many trades and can help the team achieve the best results. No matter what the subject, you can rapidly uncover key opportunities and obstacles to innovation. You have the ability to determine long- and short-range research priorities and pathways even when operating in ambiguous and shifting contexts. You identify with the success of the team, and dive in to do whatever it takes to create the best work. You thrive in interdisciplinary teams and are able to hear and unify varied viewpoints and stakeholders. You’re hungry for knowledge and passionate about building new projects! The Lab is a unique, fast-paced environment to learn and contribute an array of knowledge and skill sets.
- Oversees a portfolio of initiatives at intersection of architecture and technology
- Establishes teams both internal and consultant-based, and plans out quarterly and long term work with schedules, and key milestones, budgets, goals and priorities, and tracking mechanisms.
- Executes each project’s vision by providing direction for technological and design solutions for the team on all levels: concept, design, development, and implementation eﬀorts. This includes but is not limited to: innovation, prototype, pilot, and/or productization projects.
- Manages and leads an internal team to successfully execute the lab’s technology oriented initiatives and overall goals
- Initiate innovative research that engages emerging technologies (VR/AR, Audio Visual strategies, robotics and sensors) in relationship to architecture and
- Creates executive-level presentations and documentation for a wide range of audiences and purposes.
- Regularly presents work outcomes and developments to Lab leadership and
- Contributes to the leadership and development of the Lab to foster team culture and
- Has an open and ﬂexible attitude toward developing alternate solutions and methods to enhance or supplant industry norms, and has enough knowledge to understand the impacts of the norms that are broken.
- Embodies the ethos and expands the ambitions of the R+D
- Reports to the Innovation Lead to ensure alignment on overall vision and prompt project delivery.
- Architect or Engineer with an advanced degree, and 8+ years practical experience with architectural design, digital technology, fabrication, prototyping and project
- Wide range of technological expertise will be considered: VR/AR, digital media, audio-visual systems, projections and projection mapping, sensing technologies, robotics, computer-controlled fabrication techniques. Preference will be given to those with experience in practical applications or related to the workspace design.
- Signiﬁcant experience in building physical mock-ups and working prototypes that are experimental in nature, yet useful and
- Ability to deliver exceptional technological solutions for a range of diﬀerent scale
- Thrives in ambiguity. Ability to deliver on goals that will shift and morph over time. Ability to work towards long term ambitions in addition to short term
- Demonstrated experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams on high-stakes
- Excellent planning skills, including careful attention to detail, information organization and tracking
- Ability to identify potential exposures/roadblocks and strategies to overcome
- Ability to assess risk, make decisions, and execute action
- Deep experience in creating and presenting presentations to executive decision
- Solution-Seeking and action-oriented
This position is for full-time employment with XL Construction, at the R+D Lab located on the premises of a large tech company in Mountain View, CA.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
H1B Visa sponsorship is not available for this specific position.
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please submit professional credentials, including curriculum vitae, cover letter, and portfolio of work for our consideration.