Role: Product Manager
Location: Gurgaon, India
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
WeatherBug, a fully owned division of GroundTruth, is a major weather app with a strong presence in the US and is rapidly expanding in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. WeatherBug is a top-rated weather app, with more than 15 million monthly active users.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Director of Product to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Communicate effectively with both large and small teams of internal and external project stakeholders to set and manage client expectations and timelines throughout the project.
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and resolve or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Provide transparency to senior leadership and work with design, development, information security, and other product management teams.
- Lead project meetings, capture and communicate minutes/action items, send out regular status updates, and other necessary information.
- Understand and validates the details of deliverables as provided by project resources; identifies, analyzes and closes gaps. (Specs, Mocks & Acceptance Tests)
- Prepares for and facilitates release planning with teams as appropriate
- Working knowledge of the project lifecycle (whether it be software development, content, release management, etc.).
- Monitor product, tools and services in order to drive the business aspects of demand, customers’ user experience, return-on-investment (ROI), and satisfaction of original (business & technical) requirements
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s and WeatherBug’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to lear
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a Tier I college. MBA is a huge plus..
- 2+ years’ experience in Product Management with a solid track record of successful product delivery
- Strong understanding of technology and product development lifecycle, including experience with agile software development and prioritizing backlogs for engineers
- Proven experience managing the project development process and documentation.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think strategically.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and a strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.