Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist - Toronto
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore WW and our open positions.
In February 2018, we launched our Impact Manifesto, an open and public declaration to our members, staff, and shareholders of our vision and goals, and the strategic moves that we will make to achieve them. Key to these is data science. Our members interact with us and with each other in a myriad of ways, whether it is food and fitness tracking, searching for recipes, shopping in our store, or supporting each each other in physical meetings rooms and in our online social network. WW is inherently a data product and we can leverage our data—a massive longitudinal dataset across a wealth of touchpoints and millions of members in different geographies and demographics—and data science to create a more profoundly personalized and impactful experience.
With established data engineering and analytics teams already in place, and strong partnerships with product team, the data science team’s job is simple: focus on data science and build awesome data products. We are looking for mid-senior level data scientists (multiple positions) to join a small but growing and well-supported team to build predictive models, recommenders, and other data products, get them into production and into the hands of our members.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to leverage our extensive data to better serve our members.
- Develop predictive and other machine-learned models to enhance and optimize user engagement and experience.
- Perform exploratory and targeted analyses to understand the data, the problem, and to generate insights, such as novel features, that can be fed into our models.
- Work with the rest of the team, and with our consumers and partners in dev and product, to implement and ship production-level code.
- Explore and assess utility and potential of additional data sources, APIs, and methods (spanning areas such as statistics, deep learning, and natural language processing).
- Motivate and mentor other data scientists to grow their skills and careers.
- Peer review other data scientists’ contributions.
- 3+ years of experience building and implementing machine-learned models in industry, ideally dealing with problems relevant to behavior change, community, product, and/or marketing.
- Ability to scope and (self-)manage machine learning modeling projects.
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D./MS) in data science, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering and content-based recommenders, matrix factorization, time series analysis, classifiers, natural language processing, and ensemble methods.
- Experience in deep learning for images or text (fast.ai, PyTorch, Tensorflow)
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL, or similar industry standard tools used for large-scale data analysis and modeling (e.g. sklearn, gensim, pandas).
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Dataflow, Beam, BigQuery) and other big data technologies a plus.
- Recent experience with a digital company a plus.
- Mentor other data scientists
- Self-motivated, results oriented, enthusiastic, and a creative thinker.
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.