Engagement Manager, P4G
Must be a citizen or have existing work authorization in Bogota, Colombia.
P4G – Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 – is a global initiative that brings together business, government, and civil society organizations in innovative public-private partnerships. We focus on breakthrough solutions that help our partner countries meet their climate commitments under the Paris Agreement and their Sustainable Development Goals in five key areas: food and agriculture, water, energy, cities and circular economy. P4G supports innovative partnerships to become global models for sustainable solutions. In addition, through global convening moments such as the P4G Summit, we showcase the most innovative partnerships driving sustainable development in the world. We currently work with 12 partner countries: Bangladesh, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Republic of Korea, South Africa, and Vietnam. P4G has five partner organizations, namely the Cities Climate Leadership Group (C40), Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Economic Forum (WEF), and World Resources Institute (WRI). P4G is managed by a Global Hub hosted by WRI, and is overseen by a Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Each partner country establishes a National Platform to engage relevant country stakeholders and progress partnerships.
You will manage core aspects of P4G’s global engagement strategy to develop and grow relationships with P4G’s key stakeholders, including the P4G Board of Directors, Executive Committee, National Platforms, current and prospective funders, and partner organizations. You will contribute to the vision and leadership to position P4G as a partner of choice for development of innovative partnerships between the public and private sector to implement the Sustainable Development Goals. You will report to the Director of Strategy and Engagement.
The position is based in Bogota, Colombia and Manager must have legal status to work in Colombia.
Manage core elements of P4G’s governance and external engagement strategy
Manage planning and execution of Board Meetings, Executive Committee meetings and other network engagements including workshops, meetings, and engagement in global convenings (e.g., P4G Summits).
Responsibilities include the:
- Development of agendas, internal coordination of Global Hub staff and resources, external outreach to members, execution of convenings and follow-up, and maintenance of P4G’s Governance Framework policies
- Support the strategic relationships with P4G’s funders and non-country board members, including building and maintaining relations through regular meetings, preparation of materials, mission trips, etc. to ensure they are proactively shaping the P4G agenda
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the landscape of Partnerships and identify opportunities and approaches for P4G to collaborate and coordinate both within P4G's internal networks such as the Board and National Partners as well as external networks aligned with P4G’s agenda
- Manage P4G’s fundraising efforts including global outreach to prospective P4G donors. Maintain efficient systems to ensure tracking of leads, preparation of materials, managing briefings, conducting necessary follow-up and proposal development
- Manage the integration of new countries, board members, and organizations into P4G Manage internal systems to ensure P4G program success
- Develop and execute internal processes to ensure efficient and effective coordination between the engagement team, other Hub teams, and P4G country managers concerning major P4G deliverables
- Manage the P4G Engagement database that builds a vibrant community of internal and external partners who understand and value the benefits of involvement with P4G
- Lead internal coordination efforts to facilitate communication amongst different parts of the P4G network including the P4G Hub, national platforms, and partners to attract P4G partnerships through multiple channels
- Support the development and implementation of an annual work plan and budget for P4G engagement activities and prepare annual reporting
- Master's degree in international development, public policy, business, or related field (or two additional years of experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in international development, public policy, climate change, or sustainable development
- Experience working with international stakeholders and government officials in developing countries
- Track record of building successful networks and skilled at working in a multi-stakeholder environment and bridging diverging views among stakeholders
- Experience managing and convening international meetings and workshops
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and oral communication skills a must
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and collegially with others and with the highest standards of integrity
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Ability to work evenings on occasion to interact with partners in all time-zones globally. Ability to travel internationally on occasion
- Commitment to P4G’s mission of inclusive green growth and partnership
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines and competing demands
Please submit a resume with a cover letter. A resume and cover letter must be submitted in English to be considered. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Our culture: WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. W