Wavemaker | Data Science
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Generate innovative, compelling, intuitive and trustworthy analytics that trigger new ideas and illuminate business potential for our clients and partners. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Curate, model and analyse data from multiple source (e.g., 1stparty data, vertical competitive benchmarks, third-party data, etc.) that tell the best story for clients
- Participate in client meetings and pitches, contributing sophisticated analytics and insights, weaved into a compelling story that can influence business strategy and shift perceptions.
- Develop thought leadership content to drive strategic client conversations
- Develop forecasting and marketplace insights for prioritized customers and/or new campaigns, for a specific vertical or marketplace.
- Utilize innovative analytical models and data visualization to support key campaign strategies
- Develop expertise in selected industry verticals and their marketing methods, focusing on how consumers interact with digital media across various channels. Primary areas of expertise to be gained include consumer behavior, compete strategies and seasonality shifts.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the foundational data available within the ecosystem (e.g., marketplace, advertiser, and audience metrics),
- Share best practices and evangelize adoption of scaled analytics tools and resources.
- You will also be a key contributor to evolving our analytics capabilities by leveraging your own expertise and funneling feedback from the market to internal teams
- Experience utilizing analytical tools to turn big data into insights.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills across all levels - customers, partners, stakeholders.
- 2-3 years in account management/analytics role within online advertising, 6+ years of professional quantitative experience focusing on analysis and interpretation of data
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: third-party attribution methodologies, development and curation of research methods, SQL, PowerBI (or similar), DAX, R, Python.
- Depth of experience in analytics, data visualization, thought leadership, and consultative sales skills with a knack for story-telling and turning data into insights.
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression analysis, time series, decision trees, probabilistic models, K-means clustering etc.).
- Production of graphical representations of quantitative data using visualization tools.
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to a mix of both technical and non-technical partners and customers in a compelling, structed and story led approach.
- Passion for harnessing the power of data to drive client satisfaction
- Comfort working in an agile environment and thriving amid ambiguity.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred - or equivalent experience
More about Wavemaker
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
At GroupM India, there’s never a dull moment between juggling client requests, managing vendor partners and having fun with your team. We believe in tackling challenges head-on and getting things done.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.