Senior Real Estate Project Manager (Construction)
Vulcan was founded in 1986 by philanthropists Jody Allen and the late Paul G. Allen, co-founder of Microsoft. It includes Vulcan Real Estate, an award-winning developer renowned for sustainable commercial, residential, and retail projects across Puget Sound. Vulcan’s multidisciplinary team also provides a diverse range of asset and project management support to the Paul G. Allen Estate and Trust, and advises the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation on its portfolio of charitable work investing in wildlife conservation, ocean health, vibrant communities, and the arts.
Vulcan believes in recognizing and including all voices. From internal initiatives to the communities and causes we support, we're on a mission to weave diversity, equity, and inclusion into the fabric of everything we do. We are actively investigating and applying best practices in equity and inclusion to our recruiting, hiring, retention and benefits programs. We know that creating a vibrant, diverse culture is essential to achieving our goals of improving the world through sustainable real estate development and strategic capital investments that help fuel social and environmental impact in ocean health, wildlife conservation, combatting climate change and supporting vibrant communities.
The Sr. Project Manager will serve as the owner’s onsite representative to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality delivery of projects. The Sr. Project Manager will supervise contractors, coordinate activities between the design/construction professionals, manage RFI/change orders, and manage payments and draws. The Sr. Project Manager will also be responsible for project close out. Projects will include commercial and residential development opportunities.
Essential duties and responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Engage as required in predevelopment including site review and analysis with the development manager.
- Develop concept level construction budgets and schedules.
- Manage construction activities to include, but not limited to, contractor and consultant selection, design evolution from concept to completion, including design and construction document review, and construction management and administration.
- Develop site/building requirements with the project team.
- Provide lease review, input, and comment.
- Manage required site/environmental activities. Coordinate regulatory discussions with Vulcan Sr. Director Design and Construction. Develop RFPs for environmental consultant selection. Coordinate all site activities integrating environmental requirements with the GC to minimize cost and schedule impacts. Coordinate regulator closure requirements with consultants and Department of Ecology.
- Establish roles/responsibilities for design/construction teams.
- Communicate and interact with the project tenants, contractors, architects, consultants, and other team members.
- Monitor track/manage RFIs, submittals and change orders.
- Review schedule and identify critical path and risk exposure. Oversee corrective actions/recoveries.
- Manage/approve payment application/loan draws.
- Review construction document for consistency with contract specifications/user requirements.
- Participate in constructability review/VE process.
- Support MEPs coordination process.
- Coordinate all site improvements.
- Oversee construction/schedule and administer construction contract.
- Facilitate timely review/approval of field issues/decisions.
- Lead weekly construction meeting and ensure timely and thorough communication of information among team members.
- Manage, organize, and direct staff as required to perform duties.
- Monitor performance, conduct reviews, and promote positive environment.
- Monitor commissioning process.
- Oversee project specific warranty program.
- Oversee final punch-list, turnover to property management and final project close-out.
- Manage the successful completion and close-out of construction projects to assure tenant occupancy and rent commencement by required dates.
- Manage LEED, Salmon Safe, Vulcan RE DEI Guidelines, and other department initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with development teams.
- Ten years’ experience in residential, mixed-use and/or commercial construction.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents and coordinate back to construction requirement and owner requirements.
- Familiar with permit process and inspection process in Seattle and Bellevue, WA to secure interim permits and final certificates of occupancy.
- Ability to understand project schedule and manage critical path items.
- Ability to establish protocols for management of RFIs, change orders, loan draws/payment applications, etc, across a wide variety of project types.
- Ability to present complex information clearly and briefly. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven success with supervising employees, contractors, and vendors to attain project goals.
- Knowledge of Seattle and Bellevue, WA marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years working for a General Contractor.
Required Computer Skills:
MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), MS Project P6, Procore
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Business Administration, or post undergraduate study in real estate related field, such as a Certificate in Real Estate, is a plus.
- Ten plus years relevant experience, OR, equivalent years of work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
Vulcan requires all U.S.-based employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19, except for those with an approved medical or religious accommodation. All new employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status or proof of qualification for a medical or religious accommodation upon hire.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or your recruiter.