Senior Fund Accountant
Senior Fund Accountant
This position is responsible for the accounting, operations and administration of assigned private and public investment funds managed by Vulcan. Vulcan Capital invests across a number of asset classes, including public equities, derivatives, private credit, private equity, growth equity and venture capital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide investment accounting support for a portfolio of private and public investment holdings.
- Perform month-end accounting work for investment funds, including review of NAV packs produced by the third-party fund administrator.
- Perform reconciliations of internal general ledger to external data sources.
- Maintain investment reference data and portfolio data in a third-party software platform.
- Prepare capital calls, distribution calculations, and investor capital account allocations.
- Participate in the annual preparation of year-end workpapers and tax schedules for private investment funds managed by Vulcan.
- Prepare annual audited financial statements and footnotes in accordance with GAAP and current pronouncement for internal funds.
- Prepare investor capital statements.
- Provide detailed financial and operational analysis for ad hoc projects.
- Reconcile cash accounts daily, track upcoming investment activity, and project for future cash needs.
- Coordinate investment activity with the IM team, the third-party administrator, and relevant banks to process the funding of investments.
- Book investment transactions and valuation changes into accounting system daily and coordinate with third-party administrator. Interface with Middle Office operations team in review of position reconciliations and reporting
- Provide other accounting support as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Investment accounting experience, including partnership accounting
- Strong understanding of financial markets within all asset classes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of and experience with carried interest waterfall structures and complex investor allocations
- Financial analysis or performance measurement experience
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient with Bloomberg preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution
- 4+ years of relevant experience at a hedge fund, private equity fund, or fund administrator
- 2+ years of Big 4 or Tier 2 audit experience with private equity or hedge fund clients
Vulcan requires all U.S.-based employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19, except for those with an approved medical or religious accommodation. All new employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status or proof of qualification for a medical or religious accommodation upon hire.