Trade Operations Analyst
Trade Operations Analyst
This position will have primary responsibility for equity, derivatives, fixed income, listed and OTC derivatives and foreign exchange products globally. The position will be responsible for ensuring all trades executed by the trading desk were appropriately captured, communicated and reconciled between different systems on a daily basis. Serves as primary point of contact for order management system support and equity trade settlement. Serves as secondary support to all non-equity trading and settlement activities. Position will coordinate daily settlement of equity trades; assist in the creation of new broker or custody accounts; develop improved daily position and performance reports; assist in coordination of third-party fund administration; perform daily post-market close reconciliation of Profit and Loss across entire client book; research and resolve broken-trades and other reconciliation breaks between fund administrator and bank/custody vendor. The position will also work with the external fund administrator to close the portfolio’s books and calculate Net Asset Value at each month-end. This position reports to Trading Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the reporting of new, existing, or expiring trades and address processing issues to ensure timely trade settlement.
- Assist with month-end closing process, including resolution of all breaks, pricing of the portfolio and uploading activity from the fund administrator’s systems to the internal Vulcan general ledger.
- Assist with maintenance of investment and performance data in the firm’s order management system and third-party portfolio reporting software.
- Resolve trade breaks and trade issues with prime brokers and custodians on daily basis.
- Coordinate proxy voting and voluntary corporate actions for equity portfolios.
- Analyze and remedy discrepancies, such that internal and external reporting is accurate.
- Manage and oversee brokerage and custody account opening and related documentation
- Daily communication with traders and brokers on trade activity
- Daily monitoring and reporting of investment portfolio vs. limits and trading guidelines
- Cash and collateral management, calculate and prepare wire transfers on banking portals.
- Recommend improvements to process
- Assist IM Finance team with performance and other ad hoc projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Willingness and flexibility to work non-standard hours (i.e., 6am market hours).
- Excellent operational and analytical skills
- Strong reconciliation and communication skills
- Previous investment management or brokerage middle office or back-office experience
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Effectively present information and respond to requests and questions from managers, supervisors, external partners, and co-workers
- Equity portfolio accounting and middle office experience preferred
Required computer skills
- MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Bloomberg software, HedgeServ, Omgeo, Eze
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or business administration
- 3 + years of relevant experience in an investment management, trading firm, or brokerage institution