Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
Lead Data Engineer
Position Overview We are looking for a data engineer to join our cyber data analytics team. As a data engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data pipeline architecture, which includes ingestion, security and delivery of batched data and streaming data from multiple sources. You drive the effectiveness, efficiency and security of our data systems. You will support the team on our data ambitions, including curating the existing data sources and identifying more effective data sources, and also be responsible for the data quality and consistency throughout on-going projects.
- Reengineer and maintain a data pipeline architecture that is efficient, secure and versatile to support both batched and streaming data sources.
- Instrument data pipeline to collect performance metrics and to present the metrics in update sessions - Build software modules required for extraction, transformation and loading of data to support the product line’s data requirements.
- Continuous improvement in data pipeline, including optimizing data delivery, data infrastructure improvements for greater efficiency and scalability.
- Implement best practices for data pipeline architecture.
- Implement practices to ensure the data pipeline complies to data security and privacy guidelines.
- Design and present data engineering needs to middle management.
- Collaborate and maintain strong working relationships with partners and internal stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of quality data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent disciplines.
- Proven experience in data engineering can be used as a substitute.
- At least 5 years of work experience as a big data engineer or similar role.
- Strong hands on experience with languages such as Python, Java, Scala.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Working knowledge on SQL and experienced working with both relational and nonrelational databases.
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Map Reduce, Spark, Kafka, Flume, etc.
- Experience in securing data and handling data compliance needs is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in large teams is a must.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.