Associate Media Director - Digital Media / Platform Buying
The rise of technology platforms has given way to programmatic, data-driven media buying. Hill Holliday has built out a team dedicated to this programmatic approach whose expertise spans display (includes mobile), native, programmatic audio and online video. The role of this team is to understand the landscape of technology platforms, how to use them, and successfully apply them to the strategy and execution of client programs to achieve business goals.
Hill Holliday is seeking a Platform Buying AMD to oversee the digital buying, self-service operations and yield optimization of client programs. In this critical role, the Platform Buying AMD will oversee a hands on keyboard team, managing a portfolio of campaigns across multiple client accounts. The Platform AMD will work with leading Clients, Account, Media and Platform Strategy teams, as well as with our platform technology partners. This person should not only have strong analytical skills, but also have strong problem-solving skills in dealing with new challenges as they arise. The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for the digital media space and entrepreneurship – is a self-directed, self-starter, and an out-of-the-box thinker.
As an Associate Media Director - Platform, you will be responsible for:
- Lead digital media execution across programmatic placements for top clients in the space
- Design and implement a best-in-class digital media program rooted in digital technologies
- Oversee operation of digital media buying technologies, primarily but not limited to DSP’s
- Develop strong relationships with platform technology companies, seeking out new opportunities that could augment client initiatives
- Management of a team of 3-5 Platform Buying Specialists & Associates
- Partner with internal teams to ensure adherence to best practices, timelines, business objectives and media KPI’s for the client to ensure a successful campaign in market
- Provide input and feedback to campaign design once set-up by buying team, including suggestions for new or different use of the platform to achieve optimal performance
- Guide advanced optimization strategy to push the boundaries for current campaigns in markets and align with the client’s business and KPI goals
- Contribute to improvements in processes, both technical and business
- Maintains a current knowledge of growth and changes in the marketplace
- Achieve delivery and KPI goals in partnership with Platform buying and strategy teams, providing input and feedback to ensure campaign success
- Provide valuable feedback and insight on performance to internal and client teams, providing optimization rationale and recommendations to exceed performance goals
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse team members and support them in their development of goals.
- Encourages and facilitates learning and growth of others.
- Takes accountability and drives the team to do their best work.
- Ability to own a room during a presentation.
- Ability to manage up, down and across.
- Can lead on-boarding, training and development for junior team members and other teams.
- Can lead meetings with confidence.
- Key driver in ensuring cross department and team collaboration.
- Can flex between managing the team, and being a collaborative member of the team.
- Strive to positively influence peer group and cross functional team members.
- Creates opportunities for junior team members to get involved in projects, events and offerings that will help them stretch and grow.
Accountability for Results
- Understands complete scope and team responsibilities and manages hours and resources to get work done.
- Experience developing and communicating ingenious strategies in how the team meets goals and delivers work.
- Ensures team members take accountability for on-time and on budget quality execution.
- Ability to provide leadership to the team and is a responsible steward of deliverables.
- 5-7 years of professional experience; marketing or advertising experience desired
- Advanced understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem with expertise in programmatic channels and platforms
- Advanced understanding of the supply and data ecosystems and the appropriate application of each within campaigns
- Fluent in MS Excel usage
- Experience managing a hands-on-keyboard team responsible for digital campaign execution