The job listing no longer exists.
First for a Reason,
and the Reason is You!
Torrance Memorial is the Place to Be
Successful health care means changing lives for the better. But not just patients’ lives. At Torrance Memorial, we provide a positive, supportive and innovative environment that can help employees transform their own lives as well.
Local Hospital, Community Impact
Founded in 1925 by Jared Sidney and Helena Childs Torrance, Torrance Memorial Medical Center is a locally governed, 512-bed, non-profit medical center whose purpose is to provide quality healthcare services, predominantly to the residents of the South Bay, Peninsula and Harbor communities of Los Angeles County.
In August 2016, Torrance Memorial Medical Center attained Magnet recognition for a second time, a testament to its continued dedication to high-quality nursing practice. Today, Torrance Memorial includes an extensive integrated system of physicians and comprehensive medical services to provide coordinated communication and continuum of care.
Why Torrance Memorial?
Health & Wellness
Torrance Memorial wants to help you stay healthy, meet your financial goals, advance in your career, and achieve a balance between your work and personal life.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Pharmacy Insurance
- Additional Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Bonuses and Differentials
- Pension and Tax Deferred Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Nutrition & Wellness Classes
Working for Torrance Memorial provides many lifestyle benefits that make working here feel like family. We offer helpful resources to allow you flexibility and comfort.
- Onsite Sick Child Care (TLC)
- Free Parking
- 40% Cafeteria Discount
- Pharmacy Discount
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Service Awards
As a Magnet facility, Torrance Memorial makes continued education and career development a priority for all staff. With interdisciplinary councils, mentor programs, and education assistance, our nurses have a strong voice in our organization.
- Interdisciplinary Nursing Councils
- Rapid Response Nurses
- Resource Nurses
- 24 Week RN Residency Program
- Peri-Op 101 Internship
- CNS & Advanced Educator Support
- In House Registry
- Nursing Research Dissemination Grant
- Nursing Researcher Support
- Daisy Award Recognition
At Torrance Memorial, you can customize your career trajectory through our development programs. Each employee has the option to participate in a variety of peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Interdisciplinary Councils
- Torrance Memorial University
- Professional Development Framework
- Lean Process Improvement Training
- Manager Mentor Program
- Elective Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical Staff Conference Grant
- Forgivable Loans for Designated Careers
South Bay Living
The South Bay has been known as one of the best-kept secrets in Los Angeles. Situated in the heart of the South Bay, Torrance Memorial is just minutes from the beach and surrounded by a safe, community neighborhood.
- Beautiful beaches
- Award-Winning School District
- Fine Shopping & Dining
- Safe Neighborhoods
- Popular Nightlife & Entertainment