Senior Commercial Underwriter – Trade Credit Insurance, Ireland
SENIOR COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER – Trade Credit Insurance
Main business: Whole Turnover Credit Insurance, single debtor insurance and other related products.
- Ireland (home based with some time in Kill, Dublin office)
- Extensive travel within Ireland / UK / Europe (as required)
- Underwriting the Trade Credit European book of business (mainly Irish)
- Building and maintaining relationships with specialist & general brokers along with clients. Working proactively to identify opportunities & maintaining a portfolio of policies in Ireland and other EU territories.
- Assessing, pricing & structuring new business opportunities
- Assisting in the overall portfolio profitability targets by underwriting profitable and renewable business
- Undertaking varied Marketing activities to highlight the Credit brand, demonstrate core strengths, and drive new business opportunities
- Resolving day to day issues and pricing, negotiation and securing renewals to achieve renewal targets set by the Company
- Manage a portfolio of credit insurance policies
- Attend inception meetings, explaining policy operation to client and broker
- Prepare renewal terms including presenting proposed terms to management for approval. Discussing terms with brokers and presenting and negotiating terms with client to secure renewals to set targets. Attending renewal meetings and entertaining clients and brokers as required
- Assessing, pricing and structuring new business opportunities; using varied assessment tools, including claims ratio calculations, excess calculations, and a pricing model.
- Attending new business presentations and pitches, highlighting the Credit business strengths and USPs and tailoring to specific opportunities
- Discussing terms with brokers; presenting and negotiating terms with brokers to secure policy recommendations
- Working and meeting with brokers regularly to proactively develop opportunities outside of renewal submissions, both existing insured and uninsured opportunities
- Resolving day to day policy and credit limit issues
- Mid term meetings to develop relationship and ensure smooth operation of the policy
- Working within allocated authority levels, based on skills and experience, and referring upwards beyond these levels to secure agreement within the company’s authorisations
- Liaison with and training of internal team of technical and administrative support staff (UK based) who will provide support for the policy
- Maintaining accurate records of meetings and correspondence including action points and ensuring all actions are promptly followed up
- Providing guidance to Commercial Underwriters and the internal administrative team
- Assisting the Senior Commercial Underwriter for Scotland/NI, Underwriting Managers & Underwriting Directors as required
- Liaison with Risk Underwriting, Sales, Customer Relations & Claims Departments
- Assisting with departmental specification for IT developments including assisting with testing and training of departmental staff
Minimum one day per month in Rearsby Office for Team Meetings as directed by Underwriting Manager. Some attendance at the Kill, Dublin office
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Ideally a minimum 5yrs experience as a commercial underwriter in Sales and/or servicing, with a consistent record of achieving budgets, working successfully with the broking market, and binding significant policy numbers.
- Full driving licence (max 6 points)
- Good IT skills including data input, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Presentation and Negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Good standard of written English
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience
- CII or ICM qualifications
- Experience of managing a portfolio of credit insurance customers
- Strong logic /mathematical skills
- Additional language skills especially French /German /Spanish
- Construction sector knowledge
- Other specialist sector knowledge
- Export knowledge
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies. #LI-TS1