Senior Machine Learning Engineer
“TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE WILL EVER WAIT FOR CARE”
Senior Machine Learning (ML) Engineer
WHO WE ARE
For every hour patients wait for care, they face objectively worse outcomes. TeleTracking believes it is unacceptable that patients are not able to access the care they need, when they need it, due to operating inefficiencies and unnecessary cost barriers. Our mission is simple, to ensure no one waits for the care they need. Named one of Becker's "Great Places to Work" and a Pittsburgh Business Times “Corporate Citizenship Award” winner, TeleTracking delivers extraordinary outcomes that have been the subject of study by the RAND Corporation, and is the perennial KLAS Patient Flow Category Leader.
TELETRACKING GUIDING PRINCIPLES
We take pride in our mission and are grateful for the opportunity to do noble work
We value honesty and treat others with respect
We innovate to solve problems and create elegantly simple offerings
We hold ourselves and one another accountable
We relentlessly pursue continuous improvement and challenge the status quo
We contribute positively to meaningful outcomes for our partners and for healthcare
We make sound decisions and operate efficiently in order to sustain employment and grow the business
TeleTracking is growing and the data processing landscape is shifting. We collect terabytes of data of various types, including real-time, from a cadre of sources from all of our clients. Our clients, large and small health systems, too are growing. The kinds and amount of data that each generates on a yearly basis is exponentially growing. Having this data improves our clients’ situational awareness leading them to better understand how they are performing in order to improve their overall outcomes. This is true for the smallest community hospital to the largest health system.
As a TeleTracking Machine Learning Engineer you will be working in one of the most complex data environments in healthcare. You will be responsible to determine ways to intelligently use this data to enhance the users’ experience and to inform customers of trends identified by the data. You should have excellent business and communications skills to be able to work with both technical teams as well non-technical teams and direct with our clients. You should be someone who loves to bring data together to answer business questions and drive change.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create machine learning models and applications. Use your strong multiple programming languages to lead the design and development of the next generation machine learning algorithms that will drive operational improvements across the healthcare continuum of care and dramatically improve insights for all our stakeholders both internal (analysts, business leaders, etc.) and external (clinicians, health system CEOs and CIOs, etc,).
- Select appropriate databases and data representation methods that ensure successful testing of machine learning models and are representative of our client’s data.
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results.
- Run machine learning tests and experiments.
- Keep abreast of developments in machine learning and statistics.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field
- Masters preferred
- 8 Years of total software engineer experience of which 4+ years of experience building functional ML applications for prediction, utilization (e.g., commercial products or government projects), NLP.
- Previous experience in using Hadoop ecosystem ML tools (SparkML, Mahout, etc.)
- Experience validating software through industry accepted testing strategies
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Proven experiences on delivering distributed systems and services in a production setting
- A portfolio of relevant publications or open-source projects to share with us
- A desire to keep up with the field by attending or publishing at relevant conferences (ACL, EMNLP, NAACL-HLT, ICML, NIPS, etc.
- Graduate-level expertise (or equivalent industry experience) in machine learning, natural language processing, or related field
- Expert knowledge in implementing ML systems at scale in Python, Java, Scala, SparkML, or C/C++ (i.e., not just R or MATLAB)
- Be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and operations of large-scale systems designed for machine learning. These may include, but not limited to, data management systems, data engineering workflow systems, distributed compute systems, and their web portal & web service components
- A strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning. Understands data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- REST API’s
- Amazon Web Services
- Windows and Linux
WORK ENVIRONMENT and TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of TeleTracking’s commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.