Director, Crew Resources
Director, Crew Resources
Sunwing Travel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”. To abide by social distancing guidelines and local regulations, our current hiring process may include telephone or video call interviews and onboarding will be provided virtually when possible, or in-person in accordance with physical distancing guidelines.
With our own award-winning airline, the largest resort chain across the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America with over 30 properties, a destination management company, and retail businesses, Sunwing is uniquely positioned to be with customers throughout their entire vacation journey.
Click here to learn more about our Safe with Sunwing commitment and how Sunwing is keeping its employees and customers safe.
You are capable of working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with minimal oversight. Adapting your time and workflow to the most pressing issues at hand will be essential. You have the ability to multi-task and take on or develop new projects or initiatives on your own accord. You are very good at working closely with inter-department groups or specifically with the pilots and cabin crew in Flight Operations. Your communication skills are excellent. With sometimes very little advanced warning, you can meet the demands of sometimes long work hours, weekends, and travel abroad as required. You will report directly to the Vice President, Flight Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure safety is the primary objective by adhering to the Sunwing safety policy and utilizing the appropriate safety reporting program in order to identify and communicate all known hazards and risks to the organization.
- Achieve optimum schedule efficiency while ensuring crews are planned and scheduled using UNIFOR and CUPE Collective Agreements whilst complying with Transport Canada Regulations.
- Communicating and liaising with Commercial Planning & Scheduling to address crewing requirements and cost issues related to the master flight schedule.
- Plan and monitor all flights, duty time limitations and rest periods. Review and approve final blocks.
- Oversight of long and short-term crew planning and forecasting.
- Oversee financial and operational results by, reviewing monthly schedules and providing reports, for continual analysis of efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Liaise with the tour operator regarding cost-effective planning for the master flight schedule.
- Prepare the annual budget for Crew Scheduling & Crew Planning. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for pilots, flight attendants and crew movements (hotel, positioning and per diem).
- Liaise with Finance and provide information regarding per diem records, crew payroll adjustments and other crew-related items.
- Oversight of the Crew Planning, Crew Scheduling and Crew Travel Departments to ensure they execute their duties with a positive and supportive approach when interacting with the pilots and flight attendants.
- Oversight of the department employee time and attendance.
- Ensuring continual improvement through the periodic review of documented policies, processes, and procedures.
- Performing analysis of labour contracts.
- Assisting in business cases and cost analyses for various projects in Flight Operations.
- Conducting benchmarking or other studies as required.
- Conducting audits or assisting with audits in coordination with Flight Operations QA and the Safety Department.
- Assuming any additional responsibilities as delegated by the Vice President, Flight Operations.
What You’ll Need:
- Have at least five (5) to seven (7) years of aviation management experience, preferably in a role within flight operations management with a Part 705 (or equivalent) airline.
- Expert knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), Federal Aviation Administration Regulations (FARs), European Aviation Safety Agency Third Country Operators (EASA TCO), plus any other operational jurisdictions.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have demonstrated capability for managing complex problems in a dynamic aviation environment.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- A proven track record of working constructively with a variety of airline stakeholders.
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
- Grow your career with challenging and rewarding work that makes a difference.
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives.
- Work with a fun, passionate, travel-loving team!
- See for yourself! @sunwinglife.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application. We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing, diversity is important to us. Click here to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion have always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, please email [email protected] or call 416 859 2973.