Associate Product Manager
Information Technology New York, New York
The STO Building Group family of companies—Structure Tone, Structure Tone Southwest, Pavarini Construction Co., Pavarini McGovern, LF Driscoll, Govan Brown, Ajax Building Company, BCCI Construction, Layton Construction, Abbott Construction, and RC Andersen—includes over 4,000 employees located in offices throughout the US, Canada, UK, and Ireland. We provide a complete range of construction services, from site selection analysis, design constructability review, and aesthetic enhancements to interior fit-outs, new building construction, and building infrastructure upgrades and modernization. Learn more about us at stobuildinggroup.com.
Data & Analytics Team Overview:
The Data & Analytics Team’s goal is to modernize the construction industry through data and technology. We are working as an internal startup, with the mandate of building a brand-new, world-class data and analytics platform in the construction tech space. Using over 50 years of industry experience and data, we will develop new ways to access KPIs and project metrics along with industry leading machine learning (ML) models to offer us predictive analytics to guide future projects.
The Associate Product Manager will support the STO Building Group Data and Analytics team in the effort to develop industry-leading data products. This individual will gather product requirements, produce user stories and acceptance criteria, and assist with managing the product development process to ensure successful delivery to internal clients.
This is a hands-on role that will require growing a deep industry knowledge, working closely with business partners and our internal technical team, and working directly with data in multiple systems.
This person will work directly with the Chief Data Officer (CDO), the Lead Product Manager, Business Unit leads, and other team members.
- Collaborate with D&A team members and internal construction professionals to identify and analyze business and technical needs through user interviews, project post-mortems, task analysis, process mapping, and other techniques
- Document business, functional, and non-functional requirements and ensure that requirements are clear, comprehensive, and testable
- Write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Work with development team to translate requirements into software specifications for new data products
- Support development and testing efforts to help ensure successful delivery of data products
- Understand data governance and data quality considerations and support implementation of data quality validations
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designer on product design
- Assist in assessing predictive analytics models against real-world project results
- Assist with product documentation
- Act as liaison between business and technology groups to facilitate mutual communication
- Facilitate meetings and ensure decisions are captured, communicated, and tracked
- Experience working as a business analyst, product analyst, or product manager in a data-product development environment
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle, across a variety of different delivery methodologies – including Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Strong writer with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely and to translate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
- Broad range of business analysis skills, methodologies and techniques including gap analysis, feasibility studies, use case modelling, UML diagramming, etc.
- Strong ability to work independently and efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute reliably
- Experience in managing and delivering successful complex technology projects
- Experience with JIRA, or similar work tracking systems
- Intermediate SQL (or similar database querying) experience
- Construction Industry experience preferred.
- 4+ years previous experience in a related role preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred
- Desired salary range $90,000- $130,000
Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: [Medical Insurance] [Dental Insurance] [Vision Insurance] [Health Savings Account] [Healthcare Flexible Spending Account] [Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account] [401(k) retirement plan with employer match] [Life & AD&D Insurance] [Long-term Disability Insurance] [Short-term Disability Insurance] [Critical Illness Insurance] [Accident Insurance] [Hospital Indemnity Insurance] [Home & Auto Insurance] [Family Support] [Pre-tax Paid Parking/Public Transportation] [Paid time off: 2 Weeks for Non-Exempt and Three Weeks for Exempt] [Time Away Benefits] [8 Paid Holidays] [Group Legal] [Employee Stock Purchase Plan] [Identity Theft Protection] [Group Legal] [Pet Insurance] [Employee Assistance Program]
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
The STO Building Group family of companies—Structure Tone, Structure Tone Southwest, Pavarini Construction Co., Pavarini McGovern, LF Driscoll, Govan Brown, Ajax Building Company, BCCI Construction, Layton Construction, Abbott Construction, and RC Andersen—includes over 4,000 employees located in offices throughout the US, Canada, UK, and Ireland. We provide a complete range of construction services, from site selection analysis, design constructability review and aesthetic enhancements to interior fit-outs, new building construction, and building infrastructure upgrades and modernization. Learn more about how we partner with our clients to imagine, execute, and realize their vision at stobuildinggroup.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.