Senior Sales Engineer
What does it take to be a Sales Engineer at Splunk?
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. At Splunk, we've grown rapidly across Europe by helping leading companies (including 90 of the Fortune 100) go from data to business outcomes faster than ever.
Join us on our journey as Splunk Sales Engineer - ITOps & Observability, and enjoy a culture of inclusiveness, disruption, and fun while selling smart and winning big.
What’s the role of a Senior Sales Engineer at Splunk?
- You will technically own, discover, position, prove and deliver the key technical elements of a sales cycle to achieve a ‘technical win’ within large scale and complex customer environments. You’ll use a range of communication styles, a range of technology skills and experiences and a range of soft skills and people skills to develop trust relationships with both your sales colleagues and your customers.
- You will be an advocate and ambassador for Splunk through your professional social media, industry and marketing events and supporting pipeline generation activities
- You will collaborate with your customer contacts, and build them into Splunk champions, by helping them to understand how Splunk can help them to solve some of their most challenging problems and help them achieve their objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with all levels within the customer.
- Willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- You should have experience with discovering pain and determining value with customers.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
Do these characteristics describe YOU?
- Curiosity: You tend to want to understand the why of a scenario as much as the what and typically use a range of skills to discover whether the first response to the question really describes the situation or its implications
- Customer Success: Selling is great, but customers being successful with your solutions is one of your main motivations.
- Technically Astute: You enjoy the detail, even if you don’t always need to express it. You have a thirst for up-to-date knowledge of the technologies and solutions that businesses use to be successful as they transform.
- Confidence: But not arrogant – you have the confidence that comes from the knowledge that your product is rock solid, and the ability to transmit this confidence to a customer. That means you might sit down with a customer already using your product to show them how they might use it even better!
- Business Savvy: You understand how businesses are organized, how they achieve their desired results, what challenges they are likely to face, what solutions they need and what transformations they could make with your solutions.
- A growth mindset: You build in time to develop your skills, knowledge, experience or capabilities. You look beyond the current opportunity towards the wider set of opportunities that could exist in a prospect.
- A Collaborator: You understand that selling is a team game, so you spend time developing your network of colleagues and partners to achieve your success – and theirs.
- Competitive: If you’re in it, you want to win it!
- Fun: Getting the job done and enjoying & generating fun don’t need to be mutually exclusive.
- The candidate must be based in Belgium and be fluent in Dutch and English, preferably French as well.
Helpful technical skills or experience (not all required, but consider how Splunk could benefit from your background)
- Knowledge of cloud, on-premise and hybrid architecture concepts
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Microsoft Azure
- Insights in IT Operations: Experience with ITSM tools and ITIL processes like incident, problem & change
- Understanding of IT Monitoring & Observability in all its aspects: logs, metrics and traces, experience with monitoring tools (Infrastructure and APM)
- Modern application architecture (microservices): Understanding or experience with working with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Lambda/serverless
- Understanding of DevOps concepts: Experience working in engineering/software development roles. Hands-on experience working with modern programming languages including: Java, Python, PHP, .NET, Ruby, js, Go, etc.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.