About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We’re looking for an Animator to join the team at Splash Damage and help bring our characters to life. As an Animator at Splash Damage you will be responsible for working with the team to conceive, prototype, and implement exciting gameplay features and sequences, and collaborate with the Art Leads to drive for high and consistent quality across the game.
- Demonstratable strong human, creature and mechanical animation skills
- Experience using 3D animation software, particularly Maya or 3D Max
- A passion for making and playing games
- Good working knowledge of game development workflows, engines (e.g. Unreal), processes and tools
- Understanding of character preparation from modelling, rigging and skinning
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to tune them to the highest quality
- Working with programmers, artists and designers to implement of animations into the game
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience in the video games industry with at least 1 commercially released title
- Experience developing in UE4
- Experience with technical animation – rigging/skinning and problem-solving
- Mocap, Camera work, and Facial animation experience
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.